Types of Information We Collect
We collect certain information about you-but only when that information is provided by you or is obtained by us with your authorization. We use that information to prepare financial statements and other documents. We also may use it to provide various other accounting and financial planning services to you at your request. Examples of sources that we collect information include interviews and phone calls with you; letters and emails from you; and tax return organizers.
Parties to Whom We Disclose Information
As a general rule, we do not disclose personal information about our past or present clients to anyone. However, to the extent permitted by law and applicable state Code of Professional Conduct, certain non-public information about you may be disclosed in the following circumstances:
- To comply with a validly issued and enforceable subpoena or summons
- In the course of a review of our firm’s practices under the authorization of a state or national licensing board, or as necessary to properly respond to an inquiry or complaint from such a licensing board or organization
- As part of any actual or threatened legal proceedings or alternative dispute resolution proceedings either initiated by or against us, provided we disclose only the information to file, pursue, or defend against the lawsuit and take reasonable precautions to ensure that the information disclosed does not become a matter of public record
- In conjunction with a prospective purchase, sale, or merger of all or part of our practice, provided that we take appropriate precautions (for example, through a written confidentiality agreement) so the prospective purchaser or merger partner does not disclose information obtained in the course of the review
- To provide information to affiliates of the firm and nonaffiliated third parties who perform consultation, or other services or functions for us in conjunction with our services to you
Confidentiality and Security of Nonpublic Personal Information
Except as otherwise described in this notice, we restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to employees of our firm and other parties who must use that information to provide services to you. Their right to further disclose and use the information is limited by the policies of our firm, applicable law, our Code of Professional Conduct, and nondisclosure agreements where appropriate. We also maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in compliance with applicable laws and regulations to guard your personal information from unauthorized access, alteration or premature destruction.
Thank you for allowing us to serve your accounting and financial planning needs. We value your business and are committed to protecting your privacy.
Symphony Development Group